MENS SINGLE LEAGUE GUIDELINES
1. The schedule is a suggested timeline of when matches are to be played. If you are unable to play during the week scheduled, matches may also be played earliar or later but scores must be reported by September 16th.
2. Players initiate contact to set up times and playing sites for their matches.
3. Matches are best 2 out of 3 sets, regular scoring. All other USTA rules will apply during the match.
4. Scores should be reported immediately by the winner of the match by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 612-298-6801. Please report the score of each set.
Winner receives 4 points - 1 point for winning, 1 point for each set won and 1 point for completing the match.
Loser receives 1 point if they win one set and 1 point for completing the match.
5. A player has the option of reporting a default if their opponent is unavailable to play within 14 days of initial contact. A win by default will receive 2 points. They may also call another singles player which they are not scheduled to play against this season, to sub for the unavailable player. A win over a sub will receive 2 additional points for a total of 4 points. A loss to a sub will still gain 1 point of a total of 3 points. Subs will not receive any points.
6. The player listed first on the schedule provides a new can of balls for the match.
7. Standings will be sent out every two to three weeks. They will also be updated on the website at www.twincitiestennis.com. The top two players in this division with the most total points will receive a gift certificate from Michael Lynne's Tennis Shop.
8. Good Luck and have fun !